Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Sunny Day

A pair of Tufted Titmice come to the deck off and on all day.

I grabbed a few minutes this afternoon and sat with them.
They are very friendly little birds.

Cardinal time begins just before sunset.
We have over 40 Cardinals on the deck and at the feeders.
As the winter progresses we could have more.
I wonder where they all come from?
The Chick-a-dees come and grab a seed.
They also are very darling birds.

I am working on my scherenschnitte.


This is the project I have begun to cut.
I am slow.
I think these little knitted ornaments would be fun to make.
So easy to do and a nice way to use up
 little bits and pieces of yarn.
I shall remember these for next year.
I have lots of knitted gloves.
I think doing a bit of beading on a pair would be lovely.
One of my favorite parts of giving a gift
is the wrapping.
I have been wrapping paper free for many years.
I use silk scarves and wooden boxes.
Planning the wrap is as fun as planning the gift.

This book has inspired me.
I want to try the felted rug as soon as I finish
the yarn that is on my needles.


It is cold outside.

Winter solstice is still a few weeks away
but the north wind doesn't seem to know that!

Hope you are staying cozy.

2 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I am staying cozy as much as possible. A felted rug sounds wonderful right now. Can't wait to see your papercutting project. I don't think I have a steady enough hand or patience for that type of work. Can't imagine having so many Cardinals in the garden. Wonderful.

Angie said...

Oh Sherry, I can't even begin to imagine 40 or more Cardinals!! I get excited because I have ONE PAIR that come to my feeders now!! All of TN's Cardinals must be at your house. :D I love all of the many ideas you've spread before us today -- much like a banquet or feast for those of us who 'dabble'...Thank you for the temptations---oh, and I would LOVE a knitted, felted rug. Must make a note to try that one, in particular. Happy Solstice (soon!) Blessed Be Always