Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Butterfly Clan

I belong to the Butterfly Clan.
I look to the Native American Indian
in November for inspiration and guidance.
I belong to the Tallgrass Prairie.
I enjoy the art of the Zuni nation
 but it is the Mandan I feel close to.

There are many ways for me to connect to the Mandans.
For now I am reading.
I want to visit a Mandan Village.
I have read about one in North Dakota.


My heritage is German.
I celebrate the German culture in December.

 I am gathering my patterns and supplies now.
This year I am doing paper craft.

I have enjoyed learning about my Great-Grandparents.
The German culture is preserved in many communities
in Missouri.

I am collecting my proverbs.



1 comment:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I will look forward to seeing some of your paper cutting. I find that facinating. I don't have the steady hand it takes for that art. I have German in my heritage too. I also have an English side.