Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Dr. Seuss

Our children enjoyed all the books by Dr. Seuss.
We read one every night for years.


 We still quote many of his phrases.

Thank you Dr. Seuss!

I finished the Red Bears


and started hand sewing shamrocks.



These I am stuffing with roving
scented with peppermint oil.


I spent the morning cutting out shamrocks and bears.
I found a couple of old green wool sweaters
I had felted that worked out great.
I should have enough cut out to last me a couple of weeks.


I gathered button eyes
and hearts for the Bears.


I am doing a wee bit more
designing and


embellishing.



having everything together


makes t.v. time so much more enjoyable.

3 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Your bears and shamrocks are so sweet. It is fun having hand work for time in front of the tv. I have a sketchbook I draw in. Rarely anything I would want to share. Ha... Scribbles really.

Tammie Lee said...

such cute and adorable ways to celebrate.

Tammie Lee said...

oh, and wonderful to honor Dr. Seuss!