Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Bards

It is the anniversary of the Midnight Ride of Paul Revere.

"Listen my children and you will hear
of the midnight ride of Paul Revere."
http://poetry.eserver.org/paul-revere.html
It is my poem today.
The American Revolution began on April 18, 1775, and ended 8 years later on April 18, 1783.



The Dutchman's Pipevine is blooming.

It is the host plant for the Pipevine Swallowtail.
I love seeing holes in the leaves!
The Wild Ginger is in bloom.
The blooms lay on the ground making pollination
by ground crawlers easy to do.

Wild Columbine is in bloom.
I enjoy the native flowers.


The Painted Daisies are in bud.
They are for my pleasure.
I cut them for my table.

The Kale continues to feed the bees and
 provides leaves for our salads and stir fries.

History told by the bards and gardens for the bees, butterflies
and the gardeners.
Life is sweet.

2 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Yummm, I would be like the bees and munch on your Kale. Where did you get your start of dutchmans pipe? I didn't think I could grow it but I know if you can I surely can grow it. Beautiful photos of your bloomers. ;)

Cheryl said...

Dear Sherry,

Kale is one of my favourite leaves. What a delight to see the sweet bee working your veggie patch.

Our native columbine is purple.....I only have leaves, buds are nowhere to be seen. It is a slow Spring :)

The dutchmans pipe is unusual....I am fascinated.