Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Gingerbread Man

My friend brought over an old wool coat.
She thought I could could use it for felting.
I saw Gingerbread Men!

I cut the coat apart and machine felted the camel wool.

I cut out 12 gingerbread men,
enough for 6 ornaments.


While the wool was felting I shaped a brim for my lime green angora hat.
I re-felted it and now she is drying on Hannah, the hat form.
I have been reading about how to wire a brim.
I think I will try it next week on this soft brim.
I also want to do some beading on the crown.

My forced bulbs are beginning to show green.

3 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Your Gingerbread men are sweet. How exciting to have a hat project going and then see bulbs beginning to show some life.

Q said...

Dear Lisa,
The Gingerbread men turned out to be so very fun to do. I think I will make snow men next from white wool! I have my Mother's and my Grandmother's buttons so I have plenty for button eyes.
All the bulbs have sprouted. They are growing rapidly too. I hope to have blooms in a couple of weeks.
I am learning about hats. I would love to have few going at once but I am limited right now on my work area.
Thank you for keeping track of my art projects.
Fiber is great!
Sherry

lusia said...

Hi Friend,Very interesting blog.I visited your site and hope you will do the same.

Software Helper , business studies , Earn Money ,Net Working ,Computer World ,