Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Hat Boxes

I decided my orange hats needed orange and black hat boxes.
It will be so easy to find the hats if they are in
coordinating boxes.

I spray painted these boxes with a flat black paint
after checking to make sure my two new hats would fit.

After the black paint dried I sponged orange paint on one
and just wiped orange paint over the lid on the other.

I brought my embellishments out to the deck.

I brought out the old orange and black hat box I did years ago
and gave it a dressing up.
I have decided all my hats will have hat boxes.

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

Dear Sherry....you are so clever...what a lovely idea....and so pretty......

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Funny, I have the hat box that has the Eiffel tower on it too. What a good idea to color code your hats with the box or vise versa. I should be so organized. Ha..

Q said...

Dear Cheryl,
The pictures do not look pretty but the hat boxes turned out nice. I was pleased. It is easy to do and I wanted to share the idea of how quick you can match up hat and box.
Adding the ribbons for ties really gave each box a finished look. I will store my orange hats come November. I only wear them in October. I will wrap the hats in tissue. When I put the boxes up into the closet they will be easy to find next year.
Next week I will begin felting. I hope to make some hats this winter too. We will have fun crafting.
Sherry

Q said...

Dear Lisa,
The Eiffel Tower hat box was on sale at the local Gordmans a few years ago. I kept my french berets in it for awhile. It was rather large for two small barets. I shared the red baret with a blogging friend, Kate. I never wore it. I kept the black one since I wear it!
The box has been in my box collection in my basement just waiting for the day when I needed it. The two new orange hats had to have storage boxes. I was so glad I had right sized boxes that would work. It was a fun craft to do today too, easy, needed, pretty and used thigs I had here.
One of these days I will have all of my closets in perfect order!!
I have begun working on my hats.
First things first!
Sherry