Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Candlemass

The blizzard has moved east.
We received 12.3 inches of snow.
It is bitterly cold but it is sunny.

The forced bulbs bring cheer to the living room.
I am so glad I did pots of them for February flowers.


I checked on the birds first thing this morning.

They were fine.


We have had hundreds of birds at the feeders.
They are good at waiting their turn.


I think the birds are beautiful.

The groundhog saw his shadow
at my house.

I shall wait for Spring.


I made candles this morning
with the left over pieces of candle wax


I have saved this past year.



I am always making something.
My kitty pillow I made many years ago
from some pretty rose chintz a friend gave me.



I brought up the dress my Mother made for me
when I was 13 years old.
She painted roses on it.
I treasure her talent.

4 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Your artistic side is hereditary Q. It is good that you can keep yourself busy during this snowed in time. I am trying to keep busy too.

Cori Lynn Berg said...

Wowwwwwwww amazing pics... what a glorious day you've had!

Cheryl said...

Dear Sherry, the painted dress is just so beautiful. I now know where you get your artistic talent from.

The birds look stunning against the white background.
I hope the weather improves soon and that you are feeling a little better.

Wendy said...

I absolutely love how you've captured the Sun! I try and try but have not been able to capture it so beautifully. I will try again.

Your dress is pretty and such a treasure after all these years.
Stay warm.